A message from the Barbara,
Hello to all of our wonderful Arthur Murray students! Since my last message in March, we have continued to more forward offering our online private, group and studio classes.I think to both our and our students surprise, they have been working out pretty well. In fact, I think moving forward, there will be some people who will want to continue these online lessons as a great way to get their class in even if they cannot make it into the studio for one reason or another. Of course, dancing is meant to be enjoyed at events where people gather and where we can dance with one another and even perform at a showcase or party. It may be awhile before we can return to that type of experience, however, I hope not too long, but in the meantime, we are doing our best to provide opportunities for our students to continue enjoying the extensive benefits of ballroom dancing!We have been following our local phase business openings and therefore, will be reopening the studio this Monday, May 18th, therefore, I wanted to let you know what our studio policy will be, at least for the time being. Below is our COVID-19 studio update:
- Hand washing will be required by the teacher and student, before and after your personal dance lesson. This should be done for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Use of hand sanitizer – As most people know, finding hand sanitizer has been very challenging, if not impossible. We have a small amount available in the studio which could be used up pretty quickly. We will try to purchase more, however, if you have your own, we encourage you to bring it with you and use as needed.
- Masks/face covers, will be required while on the lesson. The correct position of the mask will cover both the nose and mouth. We will be allowing only 3 teachers to be on the floor at a time to allow for more social distancing and the lessons will be “no touch” lessons, at least for the time being.
- Please bring your own water bottle, we will not have cups sitting out for public use at this time.
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing the most frequently touched surfaces in between each lesson. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- We will continue to offer virtual dance lessons for anyone concerned about their personal risk going out in public.
- Of course, it should go without saying, but if you are feeling ill or have possibly been exposed to someone with COVID, please do not come into the studio.I want to thank each of you who have supported our studio during this difficult time. Those of you who have continued to take your lessons on line, who have even purchased lessons and who have consistently shown up at our virtual parties. It has meant a lot to Matt and I. We have been working hard to provide our students with the best experience possible as we maneuver through this quarantine maze and, as always, we encourage your feedback so that we can continue to share our love of dance with all of our students!Can’t wait to see you all soon!Barbara